5/23/10

behind....


Apparently having a second child is like multiplying your life by 10.

I am SO happy, though, so I really don't mind. Harry is getting cuter and funnier everyday. Westley is getting fatter and more alert. It's so much fun just being at the house with the two of them.

Getting rid of Hank has also taken a huge weight off of my shoulders. I never thought that I would be the person who gives up a dog because they can't "handle it", but he really needed a ton more space than I could offer. The farm where he lives now is a much better place for a dog like him. Hopefully over the next few weeks I will get my life back to a place where I can consistently walk Emily with both kids. I would really like to try to find a double jogging stroller, but the giant monstrosity of a double stroller that I have will work. It's a pain to turn and heavy as can be, but I am just blessed to have one.

We are also going through the house and getting rid of a TON of "stuff". I have come to the conclusion that what I need most right now is to get everything in order. I can't handle having toys everywhere anymore. I literally had no place to walk at least two or three days a week.

Can you say "yard sale"... I think that the summer will be a lovely time to unload our riches onto someone else. Normally sometime this summer we would be heading off to the beach for a week with family. Instead, I think we will be "staycationing" and work on getting the backyard into better shape. We finally have some grass, and I think this would be a lovely time to get a play set for the rambunctious toddler who is running circles around me most of the time.

1 comment:

Mama Goose said...

Digging the nose picking picture (ha ha...). And ah! You sent your dog to the farm!