7/20/12

sometimes

Sometimes I am petty.
I am jealous.
I lose my temper.
Sometimes I don't remember what it's like to feel beautiful.
Sometimes I ignore the things and people I need to focus on most.
Once in a while I am angry at my life.
It's hard to pray when I need to do it most.
Sometimes I forget to say "I love you."
I break the rules.
Sometimes I want more than I need.
I am unkind.
I am snotty.
I judge others.
Sometimes I cry when there are too many emotions going on, and I can't sort them all out.
Sometimes I get angry that I have three boys and all I prayed for is a girl.
I don't want to cook or clean up after everyone else.
I don't walk the dog.... she deserves better.
I get mad when no one pats me on the back for all I do.
Sometimes I am bitter at others for not offering to help even though I don't even ask.
I am a coward.

and still...

"But I trust in your unfailing love.
I will rejoice because you have rescued me.
I will sing to the Lord,
Because He is good to me."

Psalm 13:5 and 6

1 comment:

Colin and Holly said...

And sometimes I want you to be back in Durham... ok all the time. :) -Holly