4/7/11

is it friday yet?



     It has been a tough week. I keep having to stop and remind myself that these two little men are my responsibility to guide, teach and take care of for the time being. This is hard due to the fact that my oldest little boy told me that he would rather live in the woods "with the animals" than live with me. ouch.
Where do they come up with things like that? How is it automatically built in to know how to hurt and hurt deeply????
    I am just really ready for the weekend and to find sometime to settle down with the Bible, my journal and a massive cup of caffeinated goodness. It's so refreshing and necessary to constantly remind myself that no matter how hard my day God is still in love with me and continues to love on me (even when it feels like no one else is). He is still watching out for me and, ultimately, I really can't get away from that. I need to get that tattooed across my forehead or something. I tend to forget it when everything builds up around me and I can't seem to get it together. (that happens a lot)
So, hopefully, in the time to come, I can focus on that and not the fact that the three year old is incapable of doing anything without touching/hitting/kicking the little brother. Yeah, it's gonna take some real focus.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, Truly, it sounds like we are living the same life. My three-year-old told me this week that he is running away from home because I make him sad forever because I gave him the blue goggles in the tub instead of the red ones.

Seriously.

And I cried a little bit today, because it's just been a rough one.

Seriously.

SO~ just hang in there mama, you're doing a great job, and it must be true that misery loves company because this post actually made me feel better today. Thanks for that.

And thanks for being a new follower of my blog, I look forward to getting to know you!